AHO Fact Sheets provide answers to the AHO’s most frequently asked questions. They provide a ready reference for mariners, provide links to sources of more information, and are a starting point for those providing instruction to mariners.
All Fact Sheets are available for viewing and download as PDF documents. Please note that you must be using the latest Adobe Acrobat version, which is available freely from www.adobe.com.
Copies may be printed for personal and instructional use. AHO Distribution Agents may print copies for supply to customers on a cost recovery basis. Copies must not be sold for profit without prior written agreement from email@example.com.
If you are seeking more information about the AHO’s products and services, or consider a Fact Sheet on a topic not yet addressed may be useful, please contact the AHO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AusENC and Electronic Navigation Charts. Information relating to Electronic Charts, Electronic Navigation Charts, and the AusENC Service:
- Navigation. Information to assist safe navigation, equally applicable no matter what type of chart is used:
- Navigation - GPS Receivers and Chart Datums
- Navigation - Reporting Discrepancies in Nautical Charts and Publications (Hydro Note)
- Navigation - Tides – Calculating HW and LW at Secondary Ports
- Navigation - Tides – Diagram for Interpolating Intermediate Times & Heights
- Navigation – Using Alternative NtM Services
- Hydrographic Surveying. Information relating to hydrographic surveying, hydrographic surveyors, and forwarding hydrographic information to the AHO:
- Hydrographic Surveying - Australasian Hydrographic Surveyors Certification Panel
- Hydrographic Surveying - Feature Name Proposals
- Hydrographic Surveying - Undersea Feature Proposal Form
- Hydrographic Surveying - Limits of Oceans and Seas Around Australia
- Hydrographic Surveying - Mapping The Seabed
- Hydrographic Surveying - High Density bENC Survey Metadata Form
- Paper Nautical Charts. Information relating to Paper Nautical Charts only: