Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook 4th Edition (AHP24)
What is the Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook?
The Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook providesinformation to assist mariners to keep paper and electronic nautical charts and publications up to date, as well as to keep appropriate maintenance records. By using this book, mariners should be able to meet their obligations under both national and international maritime legislation and the more specific inspection requirements imposed by safety and regulatory authorities.
The publication contains information such as:
- products produced by the AHO
- understanding Australian Notices to Mariners
- comprehensive guide to Paper Nautical Charts including:
- symbols unique to Australian Paper Nautical Charts
- quick visual reference to common symbols found on charts
- how to read and use tracings to correct a paper chart
- electronic charts and display systems
- understanding the difference between Electronic Chart Display & Information Systems (ECDIS) and Electronic Chart Systems (ECS)
- guide to Australian Electronic Navigation Chart Service (AusENC)
- comprehensive guide to updating nautical publications
- examples of how to use log sheets to track the update status of charts and publications
Official Status of Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook
National and international regulations governing SOLAS and other commercial vessels, including naval vessels, all require up to date nautical charts and publications.
Since October 2009, commercial vessels over 12 metres in length and engaged in domestic operations are required to carry up to date official charts and publications. The Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook is intended to enable vessel masters to meet this requirement in terms of how to access, interpret and apply navigationally significant information to their chart and publication portfolio.
How is the Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook updated?
The Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook will be kept up to date on our website. Mariners will be notified via Notices to Mariners if a new edition is released.
What is the cost of the Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook?
Free to download on our website. DOWNLOAD AHP24 Edition 4.00
How can you provide feedback on the Australian Chart and Publication?
The Australian Hydrographic Service is keen to improve its products. If you would like to provide feedback please email: firstname.lastname@example.org